Some of the early “clothesline” antennas were a large capacity hat on a
vertical. If the antenna has one vertical wire connected to all of the top
wires, it is probably a capacity-loaded vertical. This Wikimedia image shows a
top-loaded vertical.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Amateur_radio_T_antenna_1912.png
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Amateur_radio_T_antenna_1912.png>

With longwave communication, a resonant antenna was not practical for most
hams, whether horizontal or vertical. I certainly don’t have room for a
half-wave for the 600 meter band.

wunder
K6WRU
Walter Underwood