Hi

I have kitted a batch of my Solar Controller Kits for both the low to medium
power
systems and high power systems. Field Day is not that far away and you can
get those extra points if you are operating with solar power

The new low power version uses the same circuit and PC board as my high
power
kit but replaces the more expensive 75 amp FET and two 8 amp shottkey diodes
with a less expensive 12 amp FET and a 3 amp shottkey diode. This version
also does not need the heat sink on the FET as well. I have added another
couple of pages to the documentation with information on proper sizing of
the battery and panel as well as a color photo of the completed board,
bringing it up to six pages total.

The new low power version will work with solar panels from 3 watts to 35
watts (I include information on increasing this to 70 watts) It can charge
SLA batteries from 1 amp/hour to over 100 amp/hour ratings with proper
sizing of the solar panel. A 3 watt Volkswagen panel, a 1 to 3 amp hour SLA
battery and this controller is perfect for a KX1 or K1. For a QRP K2 a 10 to
15 watt panel and 3-7 amp battery is ideal. This controller could even run a
K2/100 for several hours per day with a 30 watt panel and a 35 amp/hour
battery. The price for this new low power version is $20 or $35 for two kits
with one set of documentation. Cash check or money order.

I have also been supplying the high power version of the Solar Charge
Controller Kit for several years. This controller will keep a SLA or LA 12
volt battery charged from solar panels of 3 to about 200 watts. Batteries of
2 amp hour to 110 amp/hour have been used with these controllers. This kit
includes the above documentation and the high power FET, diodes and heat
sink to allow up to a maximum of about 200 watts of solar panels to be
connected.

The kit is $30 or $55 for two kits with one set of documentation. Cash check
or money order.

The kits include a 2x3 inch silk screened and solder masked fiberglass
circuit board, all the parts and documentation required to build the
controller, less a box to mount it into. There is also a 6 volt version
available. These controllers use a precision regulator IC in an analog
design that does not generate RF noise. There are no adjustments required
and the assembly and check out time should be under one hour.

order from:

Don Brown
KD5NDB
19132 Falls Creek Drive