-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Jack Brindle
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 10:11 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Band data

I can answer that. By far the best way to get band data is to decode
the frequency returned by an IF; serial command. Having the frequency
allows you quite a bit of freedom in what you do with it, especially
since you can create "sub bands" or segments within each band. This
could be useful in determining if you are at the low or high end of a
band or even outside a band.

It is also FAR, FAR easier to decode than the AuxBus information...

Now, having said all this, probably the easiest way to deal with it
it to use a KRC2, which decodes either AuxBus or serial band data for
you. You just tap into the various drivers (or the BCD output
terminals) and use the information directly.

On Mar 14, 2006, at 9:55 AM, Jim Chick wrote:

> Is it possible to access K2 band data information in order to make
> it available in some format to control external devices?. Thanks
> for any help.
> Jim G4NWJ

- Jack Brindle, W6FB