> I would like an icebox in my KX3 to keep my sandwiches cool while portable.
> Oh, and how about an automatic coffee maker for use during contest
> periods. :-)

I would be suprised that even as a joke the listing above could win any
arguments for the extraordinary lack of performance of Elecraft RTCs.  A $5
watch does better by orders of magnitude...even the Dallas Semiconductor RTC in
30-year-old Kantronics hardware does better.  The manufacturer specs for all
the Elecraft RTC chips promise much better.  Unlike the items in the quoted
listing, a customer does indeed have every right to expect a competent RTC
implementation when he purchases the option.  No???

Elecraft fans often have a great tendency to dismiss without substantive basis
any non-worshipful criticism...at least as far as I've observed in 16 years as
an owner and list member.  :-)

Mike / KK5F