If the voltage drops from 13 to 12.4 with only a 3 amp draw on a 30 ampere
Astron, you likely have a severe power problem somewhere.

Measure the voltage on the Astron output terminals when you key the K2. If
the drop is present at the Astron, then you have a severe Astron problem.
If not then you most likely have a severe problem with power cord, power
connector, etc. Gone bad, not fully inserted, whatever. Always rule out
mechanical stuff before tearing apart the radio or shipping it back to Big
E. Wires and connectors are mechanical things that wear out. Do not ever
trust wires and connectors. Expect them to go bad. They will.

I have seen a male "F" connector for RG-6 stuff that did NOT have the
threads grooved. Owner came within half a phone call and three cuss words
of sending a RX switch box back to manufacturer accusing them of using
non-standard female F connector jacks on the box's back plane.

Never, ever trust wires and connectors. They are necessary, but they are
also your covert enemy. They have atomic level situational detectors and
know when you are in a contest, or taking your only shot at a new country
you have been chasing for a quarter century, or otherwise emotionally
vulnerable, and thus gleefully fail at times of maximum impact.

My low power K2 drops the 30 amp Astron from 14.4 to 14.3 when I key it at
10 watts. I have changed the internal settings to obtain 14.4 volts out.
Better supply voltage for just about every "12 volt" gizmo in the shack.
But that's totally different subject.

73, and good luck,
Guy K2AV