Gerry,

What are you using to measure the KEYOUT line? In CW, it will follow the QSK keying. so it will be a series of fast pulses. If you are trying to measure with an ohmmeter (or voltmeter), it may not respond fast enough to see it on the meter. The fact that it works when you key the microphone indicates that it is working.

Whether your RX antenna is fast enough to follow the K3 keying is quite another matter - if it uses a relay, it may not be fast enough.

There are K3 menu parameters that will change the Delay time, see the TX DLY menu listing for details.

73,
Don W3FPR