I need to point out that those retention clips will work fine when you are connecting two APP in-line connectors together, however, they cannot be fitted to the K3/K3S APP connector because the "retainer pin" hole is not accessible at the K3/K3S end. They are fine for connecting one APP cable to another, but in practice, I have not found them necessary. Properly assembled APP connectors will have a significant pullout force requirement. Pay attention to those who state they can move the K3 by pulling on the cable - those folks have properly assembled APP connectors.

73,
Don W3FPR

If yours cannot do that, investigate the construction of your APP connectors.