Here is a simple single resistor mod that may be helpful for some:

I am beginning to realize that I will never be able to exceed 20-25 wpm CW
speed. The speed pot of the K2 however covers from 9 - 50 wpm with 30 wpm in
the middle position. Thus the range which is useful to me is just a small
fraction of this range.

In order to map 9 - 25 wpm to a larger range, I emulated a logarithmic pot
by soldering a 2.2 k resistor between the wiper and the CCW end of R1 on the
Front Panel Board, the 5K Keyer Speed pot. In this way the pot stills covers
the full range from 9-50 wpm, but 22 wpm is now in the middle position.

See http://www.qslnet.de/member/la3za/K2_speedPot.html for more details and
a photo.

73

Sverre