Simplest way I know: Conductivity = 1 / Resistance. All you need is a slide rule. :-) But seriously,

Alan's method ... charge a capacitor to a known voltage, discharge it through the mat to a lower voltage measuring how long it takes, and use the RC time constant to calculate the resistance ... is about the simplest and maybe the most ingenious.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Sparks NV DM09dn

- Northern California Contest Club