If you are in a very quiet location with antennas close to the Honda and haven't brought other noise sources to pollute your environment, you WILL want a serious common mode choke on the AC line. We use Honda 2000i with K3/KPA500 for our county expedition to a rare county for CQP (California QSO Party). Noise sources include computers, monitors, wall warts, battery chargers, portable refrigerators, etc. We use no SMPS wall warts, and choke everything.

The length of AC cable between the Honda and the choke should be as short as possible. To get more turns through the choke, make a short jumper with the thinnest practical cable and use it to wind the choke. #14 indoor wiring cable or #14 appliance cable are a good choice. Wind the choke before installing the second connector. Follow the guidelines in Chapter 7 of k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf for coax the size as the power cable you're using. Use larger diameter and close spaced turns to move the resonance lower.

73, Jim K9YC