Will,

Thank you for your fine words. They are appreciated. I continue to help where I can.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 9/20/2016 8:39 PM, WILLIE BABER wrote:
Hello Don,

You may never  know how many folks you have helped-out who are K2 owners.  As I
mentioned in an earlier post, I didn't finish my K2/100 until very recently,
serial number 0086.....four years after I retired!  So, as you know, I had to
do lots of mods. I think I got  them all.

Your posts got me through several issues, including the keying wave-form mod,
alignment of the crystal filter (I used the newer crystals based on your post
about  this--a big difference in my case), the power output instability problem
(which led me to the Elecraft mod on this).....and some more stuff I don't
recall now.  I don't think there was one issue that I searched on that didn't
include a response from you.  All your advice was dead on, too.

Anyone wanting to build K2 has a resource on this reflector in your advice.
Thanks  for all your advice and easy to follow instructions.

I guess K2 is a legacy radio but it will out perform all those up-conversion
radios, hands down.  Sweet sound too.  You may never need a K3!

73, Will, wj9b
Kx1, K2, so2r K3/P3