On Fri,9/23/2016 10:21 AM, WILLIE BABER wrote:
I'd just like to know how an ADC works and produces some measurable form of
dynamic range that I can associate with what I do know and learned about
dynamic range.

Hi Will,

I think what people are saying is that an email reflector dedicated to a specific topic (like this one) should not be a substitute for studying either classic texts (like the ARRL Handbook or Antenna Book) or for digging on the internet. Wikipedia is a great starting point for many topics. There are plenty of places to study how these radios work. Google is your friend.

As to off-topic posts in general -- every computer I've ever owned has a delete key, and it works real well. :) That's the best reason I know of for NOT using digest mode.

73, Jim K9YC