Thanks everyone! Larry's was great, quickly actionable advice. I’ll do this the
next time I go out. I don’t have a shack, and am still hunting around for a
spot where I can try some of the other great suggestions (that I can fit in my
backpack and if I actually find a spot where I can string up a wire.

I do use a wire counterpoise for both my wire and Buddistick and try to keep it
off the ground except for the end.

Yes, I have an older copy of the antenna book and I’m in the transmission lines
chapter. I guess I should just skip ahead to the long wire chapter.

Given all the advice, I’m going to continue to try to find a good wire antenna
deployment given the random locations I tend to drop in at.

Thanks all!

Michael
K2MAW