I know where you're coming from, Mike. Like you I built my own K2 from the ground up starting in 1999 and "completing" it in 2003 with the KDSP2 (and some other adds updates in 2014); I still use the K2 regularly even with a K3/P3/KPA500 etc. My favorite time in the hobby was building QRP rigs -- many designed by Wayne -- in the 90s. And, Mike, I do note with appreciation your many contributions to the K2 odyssey!

Alas, times have changes and short of building another K2 that sort of pleasure is no longer available to me: SMT and have not become friends.

Sure I'd like to have a KX2 schematic -- and haven't concluded Elecraft won't provide one in time. But I won't deny myself the pleasure of using it -- and pleasure it does provide -- for lack of a schematic.

73, Phil W7OX