Thanks to Phil W7OX who dug out Wayne's "official" email back when the
capital S issue first arose:

Wayne posted this message early in the K3S era:

------

*List: elecraft
<http://marc.info/?l=elecraft&r=1&w=2> Subject:
Re: [Elecraft] K3s and K3S.
<http://marc.info/?t=143163126700005&r=1&w=2>
From: Wayne Burdick <n6kr () elecraft ! com>
<http://marc.info/?a=103427077100077&r=1&w=2>
Date: 2015-05-14 21:55:23
<http://marc.info/?l=elecraft&r=1&w=2&b=201505>*

Generally it's supposed to be "K3S" (capital). Please use that in email.

However, on the radio itself, and in the owner's manual (etc.) we use a
slightly \
smaller capital "S". To be specific, about 85% of a full-height capital.
This just \
seemed like the right thing to do. Don't get me started on branding and
graphic \
design....

I'm looking forward to seeing a blog post with the official "S" scaling :)

73,
Wayne
N6KR