From: Don Wilhelm <>
To: MaverickNH <>,
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Speakers - Optimal Frequency Range?

In my opinion, a speaker should not "color" the audio response of the

While it is true that there is not normally much response above 4000Hz
from a ham transceiver, the speaker should not be the limiting factor.

IMHO, the best characteristic of a speaker is the flatness of its
response curve rather than its frequency range.  A speaker with a flat
response will allow you to hear the transceiver "as it should be"
without distortion. So my vote is for "High-Fidelity" speakers.

73, Ed - KL7UW
    "Kits made by KL7UW"
Dubus Mag business:

Elecraft mailing list