John,
I started with a $5 5RPM DC motor (DX.COM).
Using two buttons (left&right) for control. Not that easy to fine-tune using an
SWR-meter.
Last year I switched to a stepper motor, bought controller hardware and
developed
a program in Visual Basic.

Check my website for building info and free download.
http://www.pa0kv.nl/magnetic_loop.html  (see "part 2" for the stepper)

Twan - PA0KV

I have seen general definitions about motors for driving a capacitor in Mag
Loop.   But I have not seen a recommendation of a specific type to look for
on Amazon or Ebay.  For starters I am looking for a 12vdc reversible motor.
I would like to start with a simple push button system for tuning.  Maybe I
will consider a stepper later.  I think that would need some computer
control.  I am also wondering what RPM to consider for use on the lowest
frequency (40mtrs).  The capacitor I am expecting to use would not have a
stop and could travel a full 360 degrees.

John

Ad2F