Hello all,

I finally made it to the first power up of my K2 and seem to have hit a
snag.
The radio powers up, The relays click and the backlight of the LCD comes on
but no text.  After searching the list it seems that pin 1 of the driver is
a likely suspect.  I took a look at it with a USB microscope and it looks
like the solder joint there is fine.  I posted a picture of it here:
https://flic.kr/p/P3Esg4

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

I reflowed a few of the pins that looked suspect going from the LCD to the
driver IC

Checked the values of R15 and 16 they both test as the correct values

I show fluctuating voltage on pins 16 and 17 indicating data is present

Pulled the Driver IC and tested continuity from pins 1 and 2 to the rf
board connector pins 16 and 17

Further tested continuity from lcd controller pins 1 and 2 all the way back
to pins 38 and 39 on the MCU

Confirmed proper voltage to the MCU (5V) and I do hear the oscillator @ 4Mhz

Confirmed I am getting 5v at the voltage regulator on the control board and
that is making it to the front panel board

I'm not sure what else to test now.  One thing that is mentioned in the
troubleshooting is if the bargraph is also not working to check the 5V
line.  Should the bargraph be lit at all during power up?  Maybe that's a
clue?  I would like make sure I'm getting the 2V? to the LCD driver but
when everything is assembled I cant get at that pin.

Thanks for any and all help!
Robert
AD0TA

--
===
I could tell you a UDP joke, but you might not get it.