Hello Group,

I am having a problem that I have not seen before.   I have a KX3 connected
to a KPXA100.  When I tune my yagi, I get 1.2 to 1 SWR when I press the tune
button on 10-15--20.  The rig shows that the SWR does not change during CW
transmissions.  When running 100W, the LED indicator on the amp shows 100 W
on 10 and 80W on 15-20.  SWR is stable.

When I change to my 240 ish ft. horizontal loop fed with open 450 ohm ladder
to a 4:1 voltage balun, as I drop down to 30M, I have about 40W showing on
the amp as the output, but the SWR stays at 1.5 on the radio meter and amp
meter.

When I go down to 40M, the power output goes back up to 60W and the SWR
remains below 2:1.

When I go to 80, however, a strange thing is occurring.  The power indicator
on the amp shows 50W max.  I tune the KX3 to 1.2:1 but as soon as I start to
transmit, the swr meter on the KX3 jumps up to 4+, but the SWR led on the
KPXA still shows 1.2:1.

Can someone help me figure out what is going on?

Thanks,

Terry, N7TB