Have you tried adjusting the buffer settings in Device Mgr for your serial port?

Larry N8LP

Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2016 09:33:33 -0500
From: George Kidder<gkid...@ilstu.edu>
To: 'Elecraft Reflector'<elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [Elecraft] LP Bridge crashes with K3

OK, gang!  I've tried everything I can think of, and am now looking for
some additional thoughts.

Equipment: K3 (unmodified) with firmware 5.53, computer (2.99 GHz dual
core, 4 GB memory) running Win 7, LP-Bridge (LPB) set for 200 mS delay.
The computer is not connected to the internet, and all programs are
brought in from another computer using a flash drive.

Problem:  At random but long intervals (hours) LP-Bridge crashes,
displaying error 13 (type mismatch).  Clearing this window causes
program to close.  This behavior is seen with no external programs
connected to LPB, and with LPB set to any polling rate from 200 mS
(default) to as much as 1000 mS.  It is seen when LPB2 is used and the
baud rate is reduced to 4800.  When the crash occurs, the error seems to
be in a response from the K3 - for instance, the "Rig Received Text"
window shows "IS 0|00;" while it should show "IS 0600;".  In this case
the K3 was set to CW mode.  In LSB mode, the same window shows "CW 6+;"
where I presume it should have been "CW 60;".  This damaged text shows
up in all windows (Rig received, K3 Com port, Power SCR-IF Aux CAT port,
etc.)

Attempted resolution includes reloading the K3 firmware and reloading
LPB from the website after clearing out all remnants of the old
program.  Nothing helps - LPB still crashes when allowed to run for
several hours.  Other programs not affected.  Computer is on a UPS, so
momentary power outage would not be a cause (even if there should be one
every night!)

Clearly, there is a communication failure between the K3 and LPB, since
it occurs with nothing else connected.  Is the problem with the K3, LBP
or the Win 7 operating system which sits between them?  And what more
can I try to fix it?

Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

George, W3HBM