having used a 706 for YEARS.... in my VW...
i tried the kx3 mounting it in the lower console down by the handbrake, BETWEEN THE SEATS where the 706 head was. The KX3 with the mic/pwr/ctl lines out the left and the BNC out the right, doesn't fit ..too wide. However the KX2 fits even with that BNC . I had considered taking off the KX3 BNC and putting an sma on the left side with the other required connections, with that teflon version of 174. Enter the KX2, I made a small tray with the 3d printer. So the kx2 can snap in/out. The rear / bottom of the mount has a large cutout for the audio to get out. And the 'mount' to the car also has a audio funnel. The KX2 seems to be much louder than the KX3... I do not even need an external speaker....and my vw sportwagen is loud inside ( road noise)) I slide the kxpa100 under my front seat, where it can be removed easily,

only issue i have , system on power up keeps reverting back to amp off...

This week  .... was working a guy on 80,  I checked and the amp was on
only to discover MUCH LATER the power was set to 5 watts....I wish it would retain amp on and the power. maybe something I am doing wrong... eventually i'll get some good pictures KX2 W/ AMP GETS MY MOBILE VOTE