I have not done any 60M operation on my KX3, but on my K3, I have the per-band memories on 60M set up for the channels, getting all 5 them by assigning the extra to VFO-B and swapping VFOs if necessary. I have had the problem of tuning off the DX frequency while groping for the knobs on the K3, so I got in the habit of using the (hold)-LOCK function to cover my tail. My KX3 does lock by holding the KHZ button for about 3 seconds.

73 Bill AE6JV