Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2016 19:03:19 -0500
From: "Bob Novas" <bob.no...@verizon.net>
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [Elecraft] reflow solder K-pod power resistor

I successfully reflow soldered the surface mount 6.8 ohm resistor across R82
in my K3S today. It took me a while to get my courage up, but it worked out
well.

In the kind of reflow soldering I used, you melt some solder and flux on the
tip of a temperature controlled iron, and then, while holding the SMD part
to be soldered to the board in its final location, touch the iron tip to the
surface mount part one one side and then the other until it heats up and
solder flows (the "reflow").  It's hard to hold everything perfectly still,
but you can take a couple cracks at it until you get it right.

Bob - W3DK

73, Ed - KL7UW
  http://www.kl7uw.com
Dubus-NA Business mail: