From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of N2TK, Tony
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2016 6:39 PM
To: 'Mike va3mw' <va...@portcredit.net>
Cc: 'Elecraft Mail List' <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Please do a KPA1500

During mediocre conditions there has been more than once on 80 and 160M the DX
could not quite get my call correct with the KPA500. Once the Acom 2000A timed
out they had no trouble copying my call. Most of the time I operate the K3
barefoot. When I need more oomph I turn on the KPA500. If conditions are not
good I turn on the Acom. There are times the difference between 600W and 1500W
can make the difference between a QSO and no QSO. It would be nice to have a
1500W S-S amp in the basement alongside the KPA500. Any amp I would buy needs
to be able to be controlled remotely like the KPA500 and the Acom. The only
real advantage to me switching from a tube to a solid-state amp would be the
timeout thing. During a contest and when a DXpedition is going, then I just
leave the Acom on. No big thing letting it sit there idling.

73 and HNY
N2TK, Tony