That may be one difference. But having been a pro who got paid for giving advice about things that matter to a client, what being a pro has always meant to was to make sure that I was

1) Never giving advice you were not certain of; and
2) Always ready to say "I don't know, but I'll find out;" and
3) Always ready to say "Not within my expertise, let's ask xxx:" and
4) Always ready to hire xxx to get the right answer if I was contracted to do it, or if the client was willing to pay for it.

73, Jim K9YC