Terry what is the size of your roof line perimeter?
Mel, K6KBE

      From: Terry Brown <n...@comcast.net>
 To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
 Sent: Sunday, January 1, 2017 1:55 PM
 Subject: [Elecraft] Need help from an EZNec user on a horizontal loop question

I am moving from my current QTH where I have a horizontal loop up about
35-40 ft. that is a bit longer than 1 wavelength on 80.  I feed it at one
corner with 450 ohm twin lead connected to a 4:1 voltage balun, then coax to
my rig.  I can tune all the ham bands either barefoot to my K2 or KX3 and
the KXPA100 using their internal tuners.

My new QTH will not have the real estate to do what I can now.  I was hoping
someone who is well versed with the EZNec antenna program could give me an
idea of how well what I think I can build, will work.  I will have a yagi
for 10-15-20.  I am particularly concerned that I may not be able to tune
80.  I have a Sunday CW qso with a group of great guys on 80 and want to
keep participating.

Here is the info on the new horizontal loop:

The east side will be 54 ft. long and be 2 ft. above my roof at a 35 ft.
height.  That leg of the loop will be over a roof that slopes away for about
8 feet.  The west side will be 78 ft. long and up 20 ft.  The remaining
north and south sides will be 38-40 feet each of the same length.  This will
give a loop a bit longer than 200 ft.  I plan to feed it again on a corner,
the NE corner when it is two feet from the roof and I can run the twin lead
down the side of the house to my shack.

I know this will be predominantly a cloud burner, but that is fine on 40 and
80.  My concern is being able to tune it on the 80, 40, 30, 17, and 24 meter
ham bands.

My lot is only 80 by 100 so a doublet on 80 will not work without folding it
in several locations.  I have loved my loop and would love to be able to
continue using one.  The fact that it is horizontally polarized is so nice
for being able to work weak stations  without a lot of noise.

If anyone could help me with the analysis of this antenna, I would
appreciate it.

73's,

Terry, N7TB

Message delivered to farrerfo...@yahoo.com