The added 80-meter capability is great, but the scanning feature of the new firmware is an even bigger plus for me, since I can now do something else and monitor the whole band, instead of just a single frequency.

Since I'll still be using the other three bands most of the time, I went ahead and turned 80-meters back off. That way I won't have to scroll through it every time I switch bands. I assume that won't adversely affect anything. It sure is great to have it when I want it though, and I wonder if Wayne ever envisioned this being a four-bander when he was developing it.

Thanks Elecraft for making this already feature-packed little rig even better!

Denny Payton N9JXY