I posted a while back about not being able to drive my KPA500 to full power on
6M. Trying to drive it beyond 200 watts resulted in a HI SWR fault. I initially
 blamed it on the antenna, cables, connectors, etc. etc. It worked fine on a
dummy load.
But changing antennas and cables and so on resulted in the same problem. Next,
I hooked up my ICOM 706MKIIG. No problem!
Aha! something’s wrong with the K3S. But it worked on the dummy load.
Scratched my head a while and finally decided the K3S was putting out a
spurious signal of some kind. No problem with a dummy load because it didn’t
care what frequencies it was seeing.

There was an additional problem: No transmit with mode set to USB or LSB.
Change mode to CW, tap the key, switch back to USB, output fine.

So I sent the K3S off to Elecraft. Yep! Spurious signals being generated. They
replaced Q7 and 8 on the KPA3A, set bias, and did tx again calibration.
They also replaced the KLPA3A board.

Just got it back today and all is well.

Great service!

73  (NOT 73s),