I was curious, so I tried an A/B test between my KX3 and my Lowe HF-150 Europa.
Listening to Radio Havana Cuba on 6100, I eventually preferred the KX3. The
Lowe had more highs, especially with the synchronous detector, but the signal
was cleaner from the KX3. The KX3 does have a somewhat better antenna, a dipole
with a balun and coax feed instead of a wire stapled to the top of the fence. I
listened in USB with the filters wide open (0.05 to 4.05), NR off. To be fair,
this was a fine signal, S9+10.

This was with my ham-cheap external speaker setup, an $8 audio amp and a $22
per pair set of Pyle 3” speakers.

wunder
K6WRU
Walter Underwood