Hi Jerry,

That is the kind of broadening that can occur if your transmitted signal is
arcing continuously somewhere on the transmission line or antenna when your
key is down.

Fix the antenna and that most likely will go away. "Matching" an arc with a
tuner is illusory, and tends to transfer maximum power into the arcing
site. It can create amazingly broad signals. Back in old analog TV days,
that could have blacked out TV's in your neighborhood.

In any event, don't use that antenna until you have corrected the problem
and your amp no longer faults on it.

Good luck and 73,

Guy K2AV