It is indeed a sad but inevitable occurrence, time and technology move forward !
The KX1 was my first venture into the world of Elecraft, I bought mine in 2010
and still use it, it has gone everywhere with me in my travels, from mountain
tops to kayak camping in the Everglades.
I've owned the K1, K2 (Twins), and currently own the KX3, PX3, KXPA 100 and KX2
! I'm an Elecraft fan for life, I don't own and other brand !
Thanks so much Wayne for one of the best little radios, it's so simple and easy
to use and just plain fun ! I wish I had ordered another kit now.
I'll never sell my KX1, I may even have it buried with me when the time come !
EdN7EDKBradenton, FL