Hi all,

I'm the proud (and slightly overwhelmed) owner of a KX3 station - the whole
smash.  I think I've managed to figure out SSB and CW, and now I'm trying
to work out the kinks in digital operations.

That's not what this post is about; this one is about communications.
When I launch HRD, or the KX3 Utility, I'm communicating with my KX3 at
38400 baud.   However, as soon as I add the KXPA100 in the mix, the speed
drops to 9600.  So, think I, the culprit is the KXPA100.  I check the
firmware and indeed it's not current.  So when I launch the firmware
updater, it reconnects to the KXPA100 at 38400.   When the firmware is
updated, it resets the amp and then communicates again at 9600.

So what gives?   I'd sure love to talk at 38400 all the time.  Is it a
restriction of the amp to KX3 interface?   I can't find any mention of it
in either manual.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

--
73 (or 72 for the QRP folks),