Ron,

With proper packing as I indicated in my post a few minutes ago, there is not real need for double boxing. The important thing is that the radio is not able to move in the box if subjected to an impact.

Rarely do I receive a damaged radio, and in all cases of damage (normally minor), the radio moved within the box. Only rarely do I find a damaged box, and usually that is normal "wear and tear" from handling.

I have most experience with USPS and UPS although sometimes FedEX. Those carriers are good with packages, and as I said, only rarely do I find damage, and in all cases that was caused by movement of the radio in the box.

I have been shipping and receiving the Elecraft legacy gear since 2004, and have never had a claim that was worth pursuing. It is easier to just replace the BNC connector that contacted the packing box than to go through the process of placing a claim.

73,
Don W3FPR