I got my KX2 on Thursday (It fills out a pretty big Elecraft "stable"). I got
on the ARRL CW DX contest with a dipole and 2 element beam at 25'. I was able
to work all continents on 10watts. Europe was the most difficult. I worked a
bunch of JA's on 40 at night.  I ended up using one of my Begali paddles with
the rig. (I think it weighs more than the radio!) The interface with N1MM was
simple and works very well. The receiver is very strong and only got clicks
from stations a  hundred hz away.
   Here's what I liked the most. The filter and NB buttons are next to the
volume and selectivity knob. And on the left side.  (Probably because I am a
leftie) I like the band switch. The peg is perfect  The radio barely got warm
all day/night. I tried driving my Ameritron 1306 with it and got 300w output.
It helped on a few contacts. Very happy with the radio. Way to go E'craft!
     I like the suggestion of the MFJ whip on 20. Is it better than the Maldol?
Doug K6JEY

 Dr.Doug Millar EdD.
K6JEY
drzarko...@yahoo.com