Trying to change out a SMD part on a DXpedition is not easy. In my case I am not sure that D25 is the problem. Sure I could pull that part out only if I had thought to order some and bring along along with the proper tools to resolder a tiny part.

I am asking for a simple field solution such as a socket where you can insert or remove a diode, etc or even a complete protection module for a reasonable price that could be simply removed and a new one plugged in.

W0MU