Funny. When I first became I Ham, I was dazzled by the flashy display of
the Icom IC-7000. Figured I could buy this radio and be pretty well set for
a long time. I passed over the Elecraft radios because of their "boring"
displays.

Ten years later, the IC-7000 collects dust, (though works as a backup radio
on the boat) and the K2 and KX3 get all the use. Those radios with their
primitive display were miles ahead of the IC-7000 in actual useability, and
I don't find them wanting to this day.

Granted the IC-7300 is miles ahead of the IC-7000, but somehow I'm not
tempted.

73
Chip
AE5KA