I had a similar event last October in the New York QSO Party with my K3,
s/n67xx.  After the first QSO (from a beautiful overlook in Fort Tryon Park in
Manhattan) it simply stopped putting out RF. It went into transmit, just no RF.
I tried power cycling, jiggling external connectors, etc. After about 10
minutes, and about one minute before giving up for the contest, while moving
things around I unintentionally snapped the front bail, and things snapped back
to life.

It has worked fine ever since.

73  -  Jim   K8MR