Stan :

Unless the “radials” are to be elevated a few feet above the ground there is
really nothing to be gained by trying to cut them for resonance on each band.
If they are laid on the ground they will be detuned and the legnth will be all
off anyway.

The rule of thumb that I used is to make the radials at least an 1/8 wave for
the lowest band, so in this case it would 16 feet long.

I take a 20 foot length of computer ribbon cable (5 or 6 wire) and unzip it for
all but the
last 4 feet. Then on the unzipped end I strip and tin each of the wires and
then attach them all to a banana plug. Having the last few feet of
cable still zipped makes routing the “radials” away from the rig and off of a
picnic table much more convenient.  To make  storage and re-deployment
simpler I pull the loose ends of the wires parallel and then I attach an IKEA
bag clip on the end then I can roll the whole thing up, tie it with a
velcro tie and put it into a zip-top sandwich bag. . It keeps the wires from
getting tangled.

Why 5 radials ??? I have found from experience that 5 or 6 is about the limit
of my patience for deployment.  I have a few sets so if I am not in a rush
I can use more.  This is easy to do with a Pomona banana jack to BNC adaptor as
both the red and black terminals will each accept two banana plugs.

Cheers

Michael VE3WMB