I just ordered the KIO3B and a KBPF3 mod kit for the K3.  The process of
installing the KBPF3 mod provides access to the small battery under the plastic
protective cover.  The K3 is about five years old.  Would it be worth replacing
that battery while I am in there, or do they last essentially forever?  The mod
will also require removing the Sub Rx.  As I remember, that was the most
frustrating part of the original build.  I would appreciate any tips on how to
remove and – especially – replace the Sub Rx with a minimum of cussing.  Would
removing the right side panel help, or would that just complicate things?

Tnx,

Ted, KN1CBR