On Sat,3/18/2017 9:22 AM, Chris Tate - N6WM wrote:
The 2 standouts are the Expert amp line, and the yet to be released Flex/4o3a
power genius.

Before calling an amplifier a standout, it must be CLEAN. Based on my measurements, my SPE-1KFA is significantly broader on CW than my KPA500 and Ten Tec 425s. That makes it a poor choice for contesting, where it's broader signal increases QRM to other stations.

And how can the 4O3A amp be called a standout when it hasn't yet been tested? Or are there tests somewhere I don't know about?

73, Jim K9YC