Just so we're all using the same terms ...

The KX2's "front" is the control panel, and its bottom cover is where the speaker is located. The factory programming header is located below the sheet metal surface away from the op, which some may choose to call the back for that reason.

Confused? Spatial orientation is one of the more difficult thinking for us mere humans to deal with, especially if you have to assign a label to a surface. Words never seem to suffice.

Anyway, don't mess with the factory programming header. Someone on this thread got that right.

73,

matt W6NIA

KX2 Program Manager