Good morning. Does anyone have any experience using a K3S to drive a Heath
SB-220 linear amplifier? This is a 40-odd year-old amplifier with two Eimac
3-500Z tubes. My questions are: (1) What connections need to be made
between the K3S and the SB-220; how much drive is likely needed; and what
would be needed to run full break-in on CW? The SB-220 does not have its
own break-in circuitry, but there are numerous vacuum relay-based
modifications out there.

(And yes, I do have a KPA500 that I expect to use most of the time. I just
want to be able to switch over to the SB-220, which provides far more power
output.)

Thanks.

73, Bob, W3RQ
Takoma Park, Maryland