Not everyone wants to use Thunderbird and keep their email on their
local PC. Not everybody is Mozilla enamoured.

Finally weaned my wife off Thunderbird and moved to Gmail, and she now
does her admittedly simple email stuff on her smartphone with Gmail's
app. No more dragging the laptop along on trips and trying to get
connectivity on the RV park's overloaded wireless connection.