Jim,

It might be worth your while re-reading Richard's posts.

What he is asking for is the **automatic** toggling of the monitor function on insertion and removal of the headphone plug, without the use of a macro.

The CONFIG:SPRK+PH setting does not achieve this. And yes, I've been using the PF2 key in the manner you describe for some years now.

Bob's suggestion of using the line out sounds promising, but I think Richard is looking for a solution that doesn't involve an external headphone amplifier.

73,
Phil, GJ4CBQ.