Hi,

I have a new (last week) KX3 built by Waters and Stanton in the UK.  It has all
the extras other than the 2m/4m Transverter.  I have installed a fully charged
and new set of Eneloop 1900mah NiMH batteries.  If I trun the radio on the
battery voltage drops from 10.9 volts to 7.9 volts over about 2 minutes then
the radio switches off.  If I plug in the external power (13.6 Volts) the
battery voltage inceases back up to about 10.7 volts - again over about 2
minutes.  Presumeably the batteries are recovering? The Batt Chg in the menu is
OFF at this point.

Any ideas?  Radio issue, Battery issue or normal behaviour?  I’m wasn’t
intending running from internal batteries except in an emergency.  Pre amp, NB,
NR etc. all off.  Backlight is on though.  I’m a bit puzzled.

Tony
M0ZZA