I have a K2 which, of course allows the user to switch between left handed or right handed use of the CW paddles, so this question might seem academic, and perhaps it is.

I have a question as to which way to wire my bencher paddles to conform with any standard that might be out there. Obviously the ground should go to the ground portion of the plug,. Can anyone tell me if the tip connection of the plug generates the dots and the middle (is that considered the 'ring'?) the dashes, or is the other way around? As I said for he K2 it doesn't matter, but if I use these paddles on a different rig, it might (I have enough trouble sending righty, if I try sending left handed I'll really be in trouble...hi).

Tnx for your help

Tom. WB2QDG
k2 1103