Waveguide below cutoff.

On 4/15/17 10:54 AM, Clay Autery wrote:
The ultimate directional, high-pass filter...  <grin>

______________________
Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises
(318) 518-1389

On 4/15/2017 10:14 AM, Jim Stahl via Elecraft wrote:
OTOH, this can be a feature of tunnels, not a bug. Several years ago I was
riding on the “BikePike”, an abandoned section of the PA Turnpike east of
Breezewood that has become a bicycle route featuring two old tunnels. Although
closed off to motor vehicle traffic, we noticed a pickup parked outside the
entrance to one of the tunnels. A few hundred yards into the tunnel we
encountered a minivan with lots of high end electronic test equipment. Turns
out the guys were doing tests on some military equipment, to determine that it
was RF quiet to prevent detection by enemy forces. We didn’t ask a lot more,
lest they would have had to shoot us  :-)

73  -  Jim  K8MR

Message delivered to n...@n7xy.net