Hello all!

Well I wound the 30m loading coil today and the antenna works great on
30m. SWRs are around 1.2:1 across the band. I now have a 7oz. vertical
that works on 20m,30m and 40m! The antenna is designed to hang from a
tree etc. The vertical radiator is around 16 feet and has a male BNC
connector on the bottom end. This plugs into a bnc barrel on 20m and
small lightweight loading coils on 30m and 40m. The heaviest loading
coil is 40m and it only weighs-in at 1oz! The entire antenna less 25' of
coax weighs-in at 7oz or so. I'm now working on a small tune unit for
15m etc. This will also be installed in a film canister. I plan to use
this small light weight vertical on the trail!

Oh yes, I worked W8VFR from TN from my back yard here in PA using a K1 -
no problem! Now on to designing a tune unit for the higher bands.

When I finished with this antenna, I'll post an email with all the
details etc.

72,
Ed, WA3WSJ