I'm cursed. It's bad enough that I've worked (I thought) several stations in DX pileups only to later have the DX say, "Nope, we worked N6WS, not N7WS". Now my work is attributed to him too. (Just kidding Jim)

Actually, the article never appeared in QST. Too technical; it went right to the Antenna Compendium. And as a caveat, I never intended the "wet" numbers to take on mythical properties. Water most definitely negatively affects ladder lines (or as our European friends say, "chicken ladder line") but it's really really difficult to quantify with precision.

I never did get around to testing the piece of Wireman line that my friend Danny, K6MHE, sent me that was covered in moss. Living among Redwood trees is considerably different from living among Saguaro Cactii.

Wes, the real N7WS