Paul,

Actually, it is easy to take the cover off (9 screws) and see, especially if the SubRX is not installed. Download the K3 Assembly manual to see how it goes together for the various options and allow you to check them for presence or absence.

If you ordered the K3 Factory Built, then your order form and Invoice should be able to tell you what is installed. You should also be aware of any options and filters you installed afterwards.

If you bought it used, you will need to physically inspect it for options. Some can be determined from the outside. Does it have 2 SO-239 jacks for ANT1 and ANT2? - if so, the KAT3 is installed. Does it have two fans on the rear panel? - if so the KPA3 (100 watt amp) is installed. Does it have a row of BNC jacks on the lower back panel? - if so, the KXV3 is installed, but you will not know if it is the KXV3A. Does it have ANT3 installed? - if so, it has the K144XV installed, and the KXV3 must be the "A" level. Do you see an SMA connector on the KXV3 rear panel? - if so, the EXT REF option is installed. Take the top cover off, do you see all the way to the RF Board or do you see an "L" shaped assembly near the top? - If you see down to the RF Board, the SubRX (KRX3) in *not* installed.

That will not tell you whether the KBPF3 is installed - the best way to determine if that is installed is by inspection.

If the only question is about the installed filters, open the top cover. There should be a label on the inside of the top cover with the installed filters listed.

Once you know what to look for

73,
Don W3FPR